These fields form the basis of your student record and allow you to easily identify the student when placing them with a host employer.
These are the basic contact details needed to set up a student profile and include key information needed for much of what we will be doing in Pathways. Apart from the normal name/phone/email you would expect there are two fields that might need some explanation as to their use:
- Mailing Title - this is an optional field and is used by some customers where they wish to not address letters to a single guardian or parent, even though that's all that is recorded in the student record. For example "Mr and Mrs Depp"
- Emergency Contact - in some states of Australia the placement agreement forms ask for you to indicate an emergency contact that may or may not be the same as the Parent/Guardian. This field is a normal text field and there is a function to automatically copy in the linked guardian details if applicable.
These are the basic nuts and bolts for the record and you will rarely need to edit these.
- Status - typically Active until the student leaves your program
- Office - this is more common where you are operating in a cluster of schools and have multiple sites - in most cases this will just be "School Campus"
- Coordinator - defaults to the Pathways user that entered the record, but can be changed if you are wanting to attach a different coordinator or user to a student.
- Registration Date - automatic - the date the record was created.