There are many scenarios where a placement or opportunity has been created in Pathways but fails to proceed. Rather than deleting, archiving or re-purposing these placements we recommend you update their status to "Cancelled", and enter a few key details about why the cancellation occurred.
We include the following fields when cancelling a placement:
- Date of cancellation
- Which Pathways user cancelled the placement
- A cancellation reason which is based on a list of reasons which can be maintained in the Pathways Settings
- Cancellation notes
When looking back at past placements and activities, cancellations are an important and key indicator as they can identify patterns such as:
- Unreliable hosts, or hosts that need to be engaged in a different way for best support
- Operational or communication issues within your organisation
- Schools or teachers that may need more assistance - the symptom being higher than normal cancellations
Pathways captures these cancellation details automatically when you change a placement record to Cancelled status:
After the details are recorded a "Cancellation Details" panel appears on the left where you can view and edit these details if needed.