There are a few recommendations for handling the situation where a placement was in progress already when the COVID-19 restrictions began.
If the placement will just be ended prematurely, depending on the stage is was at, we recommend manually changing the placement status to one of the following:
- Incomplete - if the placement had been started and some workplace hours have been achieved.
- Cancelled - if there is no need to indicate any achievement from the placement already and you want to flag it as cancelled so you have the history. When cancelling a placement you can indicate a reason and notes to assist in later assessment.
- Complete - the placement has already progressed such that it could be flagged as complete. This is common if there is a long term engagement (day per week over a long period), and that period was already well advanced and sufficient hours logged.
- On Hold - If you believe the placement will continue at a later date, you can choose to move it to "On Hold" status to remind you to re-assess this later.
Updating Your Paperwork
If you are rescheduling placements, remember to generate new placement agreements and paperwork to reflect the changed dates.
Cancelling and Duplicating
Where a placement has already started, and had to be cancelled due to COVID-19 but will complete at a later date, there is another detailed option available.
- Set the existing placement status to Cancelled
- Organise the new placement period with the Host
- Rather than create a new placement manually for the new period, use the Duplicate option within the ... menu to copy the old Cancelled placement into a new record
- This maintains all the correct details of the cancelled placement, and gives you a time saving way to create the new placement.